• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Switching back to Verizon Voicemail from Google Voice

gatorbri

Apr 30, 2010
Alright, so I was having some issues with Google Voice (people saying that they didn't always get my voicemail or sometimes it was some automated thing instead of my Google Voice message). I can't afford not getting my voice messages so I want to switch back. However, now whenever I get a voicemail it shows up in my notification bar and I click on the notification and it automatically calls a google voice number. However, when I enter my pin it says I have no messages. So I'm assuming they are on my Verizon Voicemail. But I can't get to them. I finally figured out that in settings you have to then go to the Call menu and change the Voicemail Service back to "My carrier" from Google Voice. But then the Voicemail Number stills shows as the google voice number.

What is the number to change it to for Verizon Voicemail? Will that take care of it and allow me to check the 3 unheard messages and then get all of my messages from here on out?

Thanks in advance for any help.

You call yourself to access your Verizon voicemail.
Thanks, should have guessed that. It is nice to no longer see the Voicemail notification constantly but not be able to check them. Glad to have that taken care of.

Now I have to decide if I want to give Google Voice a second chance now that those messages are cleared from the Verizon voicemail.

Upvote 0
However, now whenever I get a voicemail it shows up in my notification bar and I click on the notification and it automatically calls ### ### #### which I think is the Google Voice number.
I would highly recommend you edit your post or get a Guide or Monitor to delete you phone number from the thread. There are some crazies and spammers/telemarketers that cruise forums you know.

Upvote 0
I would highly recommend you edit your post or get a Guide or Monitor to delete you phone number from the thread. There are some crazies and spammers/telemarketers that cruise forums you know.
I don't have a Google Voice number so I think that is a generic number that they give out that pushes you to your Google Voicemail account. But I guess I could be wrong so I went ahead and edited it out. Can you edit it out of your post where you quoted me as well? Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones