1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support switching between 4g and 2g help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mamooo, Jan 1, 2014.

1. mamooo

mamooo Newbie
    None

Apr 11, 2013
    Male
    I have the T-Mobile lg optimus l9 on metro through the byod program. Just recently within the last 4-5 days my phone has been switching between 4g to 2g and it stays in 2g for a min then switches back to 4g. It does it multiple times a day. I called metro and they reset my service but that didn't fix it. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks Matt

Advertisement

2. GTK313

GTK313 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 25, 2011
    Maybe the MMS service uses 2G if Metro is using T-Mobile network (which is the case for this phone)

3. mamooo

mamooo Newbie
    None

Apr 11, 2013
    Male
    I've come to the conclusion that it only does this at my house. But before a week ago it never did this. Does this maybe mean the cell tower near my house is having issues or major traffic?

4. epp

epp Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 28, 2012
    Boston, MA
    I just sent an MMS message to e-mail (it flips from text to MMS automatically when an e-mail address is typed in) and my L9 (on T-Mobile) stayed on 4G when it sent the message.

I have read that if the phone is on WiFi with WiFi Calling enabled, the message should go through WiFi and not on the mobile network, but my personal experience is that sometimes the message will fail and not be sent. If I try to re-send it, it will go through on the second attempt. I do not know why this occurs though.