1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Switching between internal & SD memory because of low memory?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Clint1583, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Clint1583

Clint1583 Newbie

My daughters Incredible is having a "low memory" problem but the SD card is still empty. I talked to a Verizon Tech. a few weeks ago and he said it's a known problem with the phone. He advised that the phone automatically saves everything on the internal memory and not the SD card so it runs out of space quickly. He suggested I reset the phone to factory settings and then manually switch the phone to save everything to the SD card instead of the internal. The only problem is I can't find anyplace within the settings to change it. Any thoughts??? Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert

The tech is an idiot. There is a giant thread stickied on top of the support subsection (read page12 first, then 1 and then the most recent couple). Long story short, the phone doesn't have enough storage space where the phone stores private data from applications. You can resolve the jurisdiction but getting rid of aroond of that data. Go to menu>settings> application> manage applications, and select go through your apps list clearing cache and data (clearing data erase all the data for that app). If you have gingerbread( the update this fall), you can make more room by moving apps to the SD card. After the update, this also moves the library files to the sd card from that partition. Lastly there is a fix you can flash if you are rooted.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews