• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Switching from an Incredible...

atrain311

Android Expert
Jul 1, 2010
Queensbury, NY
I am going to use my wife's upgrade to get the Thunderbolt and give her my Inc. After watching the Schmackdown, I feel confident for the most part in this phone, but I do have one question for the forum. Do you think I will notice a marginal decrease in the resolution when I switch from an AMOLED to the Super LCD? Thanks, everyone.
-Joe

I am going to use my wife's upgrade to get the Thunderbolt and give her my Inc. After watching the Schmackdown, I feel confident for the most part in this phone, but I do have one question for the forum. Do you think I will notice a marginal decrease in the resolution when I switch from an AMOLED to the Super LCD? Thanks, everyone.
-Joe
I have set an amoled incredible next to slcd incredible a few times and I have always been impressed with them both. I wouldn't be getting the Thunderbolt if I wasnt sure if I would like the screen, but I have no doubt the screen will look great. I'm sure you will agree if you have liked amoled. Would enjoy hearing what other people thought also.

Reactions: atrain311
Upvote 0
I have set an amoled incredible next to slcd incredible a few times and I have always been impressed with them both. I wouldn't be getting the Thunderbolt if I wasnt sure if I would like the screen, but I have no doubt the screen will look great. I'm sure you will agree if you have liked amoled. Would enjoy hearing what other people thought also.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm pretty OCD and get hung up on certain things. My wife calls me a cell phone whore, but I think she just doesn't understand how cool this stuff is, haha. I'm glad to hear you haven't really been disappointed in SLCD. Is there something I should look for when trying to find the noticeable difference between a SLCD and an Amoled?

And on a unrelated note, when I went in today to put my $50 down for this phone, I asked the nice girl what the deal was with the release date and while she didn't tell me anything different than we've already heard, I could really get a sense that she was sort of hiding something. I don't mean some great big secret, but at the very least I could tell she was told not to give too much information out. It was sort of like she wanted to say something, but thought better of it and didn't. I have no idea what this means and by no means do I think this was good news or bad...it was just interesting. I'm just throwing that out there. Now, being the conspiracy theorist that I am (not really) my wife and I think it is probably something like they were going to sell the phone and then heard from Verizon that they made some silly deal to not have anything else big released for a window around the stinkin' iPhone 4. Again, all just crazy speculating. :)

Reactions: EgoDogg
Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick response. I'm pretty OCD and get hung up on certain things. My wife calls me a cell phone whore, but I think she just doesn't understand how cool this stuff is, haha. I'm glad to hear you haven't really been disappointed in SLCD. Is there something I should look for when trying to find the noticeable difference between a SLCD and an Amoled?

And on a unrelated note, when I went in today to put my $50 down for this phone, I asked the nice girl what the deal was with the release date and while she didn't tell me anything different than we've already heard, I could really get a sense that she was sort of hiding something. I don't mean some great big secret, but at the very least I could tell she was told not to give too much information out. It was sort of like she wanted to say something, but thought better of it and didn't. I have no idea what this means and by no means do I think this was good news or bad...it was just interesting. I'm just throwing that out there. Now, being the conspiracy theorist that I am (not really) my wife and I think it is probably something like they were going to sell the phone and then heard from Verizon that they made some silly deal to not have anything else big released for a window around the stinkin' iPhone 4. Again, all just crazy speculating. :)
Def agree about getting hung up on certain things. I was dead set on getting a Droid X, besides motoblur, the screen was just unimpressive to me. I would have eventually started to to just pick the phone apart just because of the screen. As far as specifics go, amoled seemed to have a little deeper colors to me, while slcd seemed like a brighter or vivid screen. Just my opinion.
I work at best buy and we still plan on having the phone in by monday. We havent been told to not sell them, but we'll see what happens when we get them. There really hasn't been any communication about what to do or not do from our Verizon rep but that doesn't exactly mean one thing or another. Before I left today I checked our count on the Thunderbolt's SKU and we still dont have them in. But then again new products like that usually get drop shipped from Fed Ex or UPS anyway. I hate where the situation is at.

Upvote 0
Hey, thanks for the insight. I'm going to try to not worry about the screen thing and convince myself that perhaps the SLCD will be better outside in daylight than my Amoled is on my Inc. And I must say, my brother in law works for Best Buy and I love that place. I feel like a kid in a candy store in there. I can only imagine it is similar to my wife going into a fancy shoe store or something, because I can tool around in there for hours. Well, I hope they are treating you well and while it is difficult, try to enjoy the wait for the TB. The anticipation can be a ton of fun too...or at least that's what I'm telling myself. Thanks again.

Reactions: CameronCrazy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones