• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Switching from Blackberry to Incredible a few questions?

jasondhsd

Apr 28, 2010
I'm strongly considering moving from Blackberry to the Incredible. I have a few questions mainly about Outlook and e-mail. Currently I have my business e-mail hosted on my linux based virtual private server server along with my website (setup via cpanel) I can use pop3 or imap but I'm using imap since with pop3 if it got to outlook first it wouldn't get to my blackberry with imap is arrives in both places almost at the same time.

1. Can I use my imap e-mail with the Incredible and is it push e-mail or pull, (I read a mention of something called 'IMAP IDLE'? Not sure what that is.)
2. From reading I know I can definitely sync contacts and calender with outlook but what about notes and tasks?

Also switching to google isn't an option I like the Outlook experience better. Outlook loads when I start the computer and humms along in the system tray, dinging when I get an e-mail or dinging and popping up a notification box when it's almost time for an appointment. I can click to bring up Outlook and my e-mails, calender, and tasks are all on the same page. Although if there is a good way of utilizing google as a middle man to get OTA sync I'd be interested in that.

Thanks for responding.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones