• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Switching from DROID to X

cdtdelta

Nov 7, 2009
Hey all,
So I'm switching from the DROID (original - but rooted with 2.2) to the X today, and there are a couple of things that seem to be a bit screwy:

1) When I first got my original DROID, I had to replace it early on because of some call quality issues. When I signed into my Google account, all my apps I had installed up to that point were automagically installed.

When I just set up my X, that hasn't happened.

2) I have a regular GMail account and a Google Apps account, but it seems I can only use one or the other for calendar. The first account I put in (which needs to be my regular GMail account because my Gtalk, Voice, Apps are tied to it) is the only one I can choose a calendar sync for, I don't even have the option on the second account I set up. But with my original DROID I was able to pick which account's calendar to sync.

Are both of these normal or am I missing something?

Thanks ahead of time,
CdtDelta

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones