1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Switching from Eris to Droid

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jciangiotto, Mar 25, 2010.

1. jciangiotto

jciangiotto Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Finally getting my Droid today via FedEx. Can't wait. I was sick of having all the problems with the Eris. Is there anything I need to know about the Droid for first time setup? And more importantly is there any Apps I just can't live without. Thanks

Advertisement

2. Cinsue

Cinsue Active Member

Mar 17, 2010
    clerical
    Illinois
    Would you tell me why you're switching? I've been considering switching to the Eris because I can't use the Droid as a phone. Every call I make or receive last between a few seconds to a max of 3 mins 17 seconds before the phone disconnects or mutes the call.

Texting and internet are fine, just can't use it as a phone and I can't get an answer about what's wrong or if/when there will be a fix.

I'm ready to throw the thing out the window!

3. anderson.mcdaniel

anderson.mcdaniel Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    I would suggest reading the sticky about apps and widgets, very informative.

4. ceruti82

ceruti82 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Cali
    QuickProfiles is great for volume settings, but coming from an Eris, wouldnt you have mostly all the apps a Droid would have ?
    there are many threads with apps, do a quick search, and you will find tons :)

5. Dmordarski

Dmordarski Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    AppBrian, not call log, beautiful widgets, apps organizer, rings extended, astro, dolphin browser, notepad, maybe a task killer