• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Switching From IOS to Android

Hello, like i said in my introduction i got a note 3 and i wish to be able to take advantage of most of the ios back up, contacts and settings (apps accounts, etc). So here is my questions:

1) How i can get the most out of my ios backup in general, apps, contacts etc...

2)I have all my music organized in itunes, including album art, lyrics and selected songs to sync with my phone. Which is the best program to administrate my phone now and how i make sure all these organization does not get messed up?

3) Any other tips about switching from IOS to the latest Android are welcomed!

1) Some stuff, like contacts can be moved to your google account, which will then sync to your phone. Apps and their data, you'll mostly have to start from scratch except for things that involve accounts synced in the cloud you may be able to restore when signing in. I doubt that there's much in your ios backup that will be compatible though.

2) You can use third party software, as MrClean said, there are several options and some may depend on your computer platform- Mac? Windows? Linux?

You don't really need them though as you can simply plug your phone into the computer, create a 'Music' folder within either the internal memory or sd card, then drag and drop the music files from your computer's itunes storage location to the folder on your phone. That's how I do it using my windows 7 laptop anyway, I find it to be easier than messing with extra software. It's your choice.

3) Read as much as you can on this and the other android specific forums, and ask lots of questions.

Welcome! You won't be disappointed!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the answers now i have more specific questions.

@Mr clean This program you mentioned will sync all with an android phone including, album art, lyrucs and selected songs from itunes?

About my second question i just want to know if google play is better than itunes (performance, interface and organizacion) and if it will read all the lyrics and album art i added using itunes to my mp3 files.

Upvote 0
Hello, like i said in my introduction i got a note 3 and i wish to be able to take advantage of most of the ios back up, contacts and settings (apps accounts, etc). So here is my questions:

1) How i can get the most out of my ios backup in general, apps, contacts etc...

2)I have all my music organized in itunes, including album art, lyrics and selected songs to sync with my phone. Which is the best program to administrate my phone now and how i make sure all these organization does not get messed up?

3) Any other tips about switching from IOS to the latest Android are welcomed!
I use both Android and iOS platforms, as well as having a vast iTunes library. These two play nice together, it's easy.

Here's Mac and PC versions of iSyncr for iTunes. Contacts and Calendars export from Mac to Android very easily, just see Google Help.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...le&utm_medium=organic&utm_term=isyncr+for+mac

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...google&utm_medium=organic&utm_term=app+isyncr

There's lots of good advice if you browse this forum as well.

Upvote 0
So following zipred reply... I should stay with itunes and use isyncr? or there is a better option? Using isyncr will sync my selected songs in itunes?

@thegreen I am on Windows 8.1.

Another newbie question i asked in the At&T section. Is rooted tether do-able right now?

and what is the note 3 background/wallpaper resolution?

Upvote 0
1920 x 1080

I think i should have asked in a more detailed way. even thought note3 is mostly displayed vertically the wallpaper must be 1920x 1080 or it is 1080x1920?

Still need to know if using itunes with solve my worries/doubts in syncing music with he note 3.

also if someone can point me to a good actual rooting tutorial?

Upvote 0
1920 x 1080
I think i should have asked in a more detailed way. even thought note3 is mostly displayed vertically the wallpaper must be 1920x 1080 or it is 1080x1920?
Quite right 1080 x 1920. If you want to minimize file size and just use the least number of pixels.

Otherwise, just use that ratio [1:1.77777777777778]. I tend to bother reducing wallpaper images to that pixel size and I've automated it pretty much so I don't have to think about it.

Upvote 0
Quite right 1080 x 1920. If you want to minimize file size and just use the least number of pixels.

Otherwise, just use that ratio [1:1.77777777777778]. I tend to bother reducing wallpaper images to that pixel size and I've automated it pretty much so I don't have to think about it.
Thanks a lot.

If anyone got any rooting advice or tutorials ill be grateful same as tethering in att.

Upvote 0
If you update your phone via Kies (Samsungs desktop software) or via OTA you'll keep the Note 3 features. I believe the software updates go from Google to the handset manufacturer to the carrier then back to Google for the final ok. It's why Android updates take so long to come out, but the bottom line is Samsung will stick all their features (S-Pen etc.) into the update.
I'm on my 6th Android phone and have always used iTunes because I use iSyncr. I've looked at other options but never switched.
Useless bit of information for you - Because of iSyncr, I was wirelessly syncing my Android to iTunes before the iPhone could lol

Upvote 0
If you update your phone via Kies (Samsungs desktop software) or via OTA you'll keep the Note 3 features. I believe the software updates go from Google to the handset manufacturer to the carrier then back to Google for the final ok. It's why Android updates take so long to come out, but the bottom line is Samsung will stick all their features (S-Pen etc.) into the update.
I'm on my 6th Android phone and have always used iTunes because I use iSyncr. I've looked at other options but never switched.
Useless bit of information for you - Because of iSyncr, I was wirelessly syncing my Android to iTunes before the iPhone could lol

Hhaha thanks. I will try double twist first and downloaded kies for phone management. You know if backing up with kies will let me use the back up if switch to another phone later like the "HTC 2015 super maximum phone 2." (for example?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones