1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Switching from iPhone 4 to i9100 (AT&T)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Samsu, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Samsu

Samsu Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    Hello,

I am currently about halfway through my 2 year at&t contract but bought an i9100. How do i transition from an iPhone 4 to i9100, like transferring my plan and such? Can I finish my two year plan that was started with an iphone 4 with a samsung i9100? Thanks for the help everyone

Advertisement

2. garment69

garment69 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 8, 2010
    You shouldn't have to do anything except either get a Sim adapter or go to an att store and get a new full size Sim card. If you have any problems att can switch you from an iPhone data plan to a smart phone data plan.

I made the exact same switch.

3. Samsu

Samsu Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    Thanks for the answer.

Is there some sort of cost associated with switching from an "iphone data plan" to a "smartphone data plan"?

And will the At&T stores find a problem if I bring in the phone and ask them to switch the Simcard because it is not an At&T phone?

4. cc999

cc999 Newbie
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    I just did the exact same thing you want to do. Bring your new Galaxy S2 to your local ATT store. Get a new sim card, transfer the phone number and plan to the new sim. If you have unlimited data make sure that is also transferred. I also made sure the 4G was switched on.

Works perfectly! I am eligable for an upgrade that I am not taking as I got my unlocked phone from Clove in the UK.

Charlie C