1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Switching from iPhone to Android after 6 years

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Yashraj, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Yashraj

Yashraj Newbie
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    Hi guys,
    I'm back on AF after a very long time and happy to see this community as vibrant as ever.
    The last Android device I used was Galaxy S2 and I just pre-ordered S8 and is arriving on the release date.
    I wanted to ask if there's anything I should know about any significant feature changes that have happened over the years with Android?
    While I haven't been living under the rock, I still feel there's got to be tons of minor features released which are useful but could very well be missed by someone new to Android
    Also I wanted to ask how the adoption of fingerprint scanning on Android apps is?
    I used iOS' TouchID all the time for my bank apps, stock portfolios and placing online orders at restaurants. Is the adoption the same with Android?
    (Also you know the saying.. less is more... well please don't apply that to this thread and tell me as much as you can)

Advertisement

2. frodub

frodub Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    Most importantly, make sure you disable and sign out of imessage or your text messages will be all kinds of messed up.

Otherwise, I feel like there's nothing wild that you're missing. You will probably pick it back up as you go.

3. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

tube517 likes this.
  4. Yashraj

Yashraj Newbie
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    Thanks for the replies!
    Any comment on the fingerprint authentication adoption in Android?

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    What I use is certainly integrated into my phone's fingerprint scanner, which are WeChat/Ten Pay and Ali Pay, for financial transactions and paying for things. And both my bank apps use fingerprint authentication which is in addition to SMS one-time-PIN authentication that they use for login. This is with Oppo R9 Plus.

Samsung Galaxy S8

Samsung Galaxy S8