1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Switching from L2sd to Darktremors?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Addacus, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Addacus

Addacus Well-Known Member

Thought I would ask before doing this to clarify. I am currently running link2sd and want to switch to Darktremors app2sd. Do I delete link2sd first and let it unlink everything? Will this mess my phone up considering I have a TON of Apps now? Also, will I need to change my partition format? Any help on this is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Advertisement

2. blue2107

blue2107 Well-Known Member

I'm not totally sure. But I would just start from scratch just to avoid any errors and such.

Just my suggestion.

3. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert

Thats not a bad idea, though I dont think you absolutely have to start from scratch.

The way link2sd works is a individual symlink for each app, if your using a ext2 partition you could reuse it just flash the new a2sd and it will create a symlink for the entire folder.
    try uninstalling link2sd if your apps are more then the internal space you may lose some, which they should be linked to your gmail account on market so they will be easy to get back.

Addacus likes this.
  4. Addacus

Addacus Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was my main thought I was just hoping to not have to re-download anything because I am lazy. I think my course of action will be to uninstall all my games, then link2sd, then back up my files from my SD/re-partition. Once I do that I will be able to just act like I never had link2sd and start with Darktremors app2sd.

Don't think I feel like doing that tonight though, I might even start with a new SD card because I am currently just using the 2g.