• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Switching from T-mobile to metroPCS

Joshuah22a

Android Enthusiast
May 6, 2011
hey just wondering I was going to go back to metro from tmobile(I switched to tmob to buy the note3 new)

so I want to bring the note3 on metro with the byod plan...I paid the device off and already got my unlock code from Samsung/tmob..

so now my bill is already up on the tmob website for $85 which is due on the 3rd..

I get paid on the second and I like my bill to always land on payday.. so I was wondering if I went to metro and ported my account back over with the # and pay the 60$ for the month.. would I still owe anything to tmob?(since there tech. prepaid)

At this time, metroPCS also operates its own LTE network (and legacy CDMA, which is being decommissioned next year).

I believe metroPCS LTE customers have access to both their own and T-Mobile LTE. metro HSPA customers use T-Mobile's HSPA/GSM networks.

When the metro CDMA network is decommissioned, I believe the spectrum will be re-purposed for LTE.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones