1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Switching GMail Accounts & GP Apps...

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by EvoVAlpha, Jul 10, 2016.

1. EvoVAlpha

EvoVAlpha Member
    None

Aug 27, 2012
    I'd be surprised if this wasn't asked but a few passes and it seems that it's not exactly on the radar of a lot of android users, which is probably a good thing! Cutting to the chase, my gmail account was compromised \ hacked and I got rid of it as soon as I could. Now one of the fun side effects of doing such a thing was that when I go to Google Play and my apps, I don't see any of the apps I DLed and am currently using.

Obviously they were associated with the old gmail and not the new, and the best part is I can't update them now. So is there anyway at this point, to avoid having to uninstall and reinstall, and repurchase in some cases, all of my apps? Would be great if I didn't have to do that, but you tell me! Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    If you have deleted the old google account completely I think you have to uninstall and reinstall.

Make sure you have settings, data etc backed up for each app before you do this.

If you have the email receipt of payment from playstore (or android market!) for any paid apps, you could try asking the developer nicely to let you have a free copy..

3. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois