• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

switching gsm band - usa to europe

i was wondering why in the *#*#info#*#* menu, i only see usa band in the list. being in the uk, i would have thought europe band would be a better choice? i've read a few threads about people in india loosing gsm completely when messing with the band selection, so i'm leaving it alone until i fully understand what's what. :)

any ideas?

droid 3 global xt862

Unfortunately, I have no idea - I'm in the US on Verizon, and haven't had the opportunity to try connecting to a GSM network outside the US yet.

However, I really think that you may want to bring your question(s) over to xda-developers.com - there are a lot more international Droid 3 users there.

Here is the link; good luck: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1194

Reactions: ronnie_rotten
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones