• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root switching themes quick question

bsems1000

Android Enthusiast
Dec 3, 2009
7 cities VA
I know, this is probably a newb question..but oh well. Usually when i get a theme i stick with it, always only afer a fresh new rom install..but i found one i'd like to try out.

I've heard of "Mashing" and i dont want to experiance dual themes in my phone. What is the proper way of theme switching so i dont get any mashed themes on my phone

the 1st I heard of "mashing"..
I just install the new theme over the top and never had any problems..
I use clockwork recovery, install from sd card

Mashing- i read it somehwere before when there was discussion of a issue of having some icons show up in a different or previous theme that they were no longer running. :thinking: not sure really if that was widespread or just that single user who ran into tha problem. Im just trying to avoid this.

Upvote 0
I know, this is probably a newb question..but oh well. Usually when i get a theme i stick with it, always only afer a fresh new rom install..but i found one i'd like to try out.

I've heard of "Mashing" and i dont want to experiance dual themes in my phone. What is the proper way of theme switching so i dont get any mashed themes on my phone

Best bet would be to flash your current ROM w/o a wipe and then flash the new theme. By flashing the ROM w/o a wipe, you keep all your data, but get rid of the current theme.

the 1st I heard of "mashing"..
I just install the new theme over the top and never had any problems..
I use clockwork recovery, install from sd card

I was told by a guy on droidforums.net that if I wanted a smoked glass w/ blue theme for UD8 (like the one for BB0.4), then I could flash a blue theme and then a smoked glass theme and I would get a little of both. I believe that if you just flash over another theme, anything the the new theme doesn't mod the old theme did mod would stay like the old theme.

Kratos

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones