1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Switching to Atrix

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Piederman, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Piederman

Piederman Newbie
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    I currently have an HTC Inspire. While I don't think it's a bad phone, per se, I'm still within the 30 day trial period, and am thinking of turning it in and switching to the Atrix, instead. Much of this has to do with the size of the Inspire. I'm someone who prefers a smaller (but not tiny) phone, and the Inspire is a bit of a behemoth.

Before I do this, however, I have a couple of questions about the Atrix. Is it easy to use? In other words, is the UI pretty easy to work with? Also, is it fast? I know that AT&T isn't activing its 4G yet (or is capping it, depending upon what you read), but does its dual core have any effect on the web browsing speed? I mainly use my phone for internet, texting and music playing.

Oh, since I've had the Inspire, I have downloaded (and paid for) a few apps, and have updated my Contacts list. Will any of this transfer over to the Atrix?

Thanks all.

Advertisement

2. kaisermac

kaisermac Lurker
    None

Mar 16, 2011
    I traded my samsung galaxy s for the Atrix and I love it. Browsing is much faster and overall switching home screens and apps is very fast. I had no problems getting used to the UI on the atrix.

My favorite part however is my battery life. On the Galaxy with all the widgets I had my phone would barely last the day and I was screwed if I didn't charge it overnight. The Atrix does not have those issues what so ever, I have a facebook widget the google bar, the quick dial, media player, rss feeds, and connections widget up all the time and my phone will last two days easily.

I have also purchased the car dock for my phone and again I love it. navigation with google maps is fantastic. The only issue is that when I am on the phone people say they have a hard time hearing me with all the road noise.

3. Tennis

Tennis Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 11, 2010
    You shouldn't make a decision on what phone to get based on the UI.

This is Android, everything is customizable.

The factors you should choose your Android phone are:
    - Screen size
    - How it feels
    - Hardware

4. Piederman

Piederman Newbie
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    Thanks for the answers thus far, but what about transferring-over Apps and Contacts? Will that work?

5. captaincanada84

captaincanada84 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 28, 2010
    Sales Associate
    Asheville, NC
    All your contacts and apps are attached to your google account. When you switch phones all your contacts will transfer over, and any apps you had downloaded/purchased will show up in My Apps in the market. You'll just have to redownload them. You wont have to re-pay for them though.

6. razholio

razholio Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    careful. free apps aren't always remembered. I recommend using appbrain to backup the entire list of installed apps.