• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Switching to Bionic, leaving DX rooted for wife?

Bowslayer

Aug 27, 2010
Hey guys, just curious what steps to take to switch phones with the wife. Ill probably leave Liquid on the X for her but want to swap SD cards. Is it as simple as just taking the one from DX and putting it in the Bionic?
I realize my root apps aren't going to work on the Bionic yet. What other steps should I take to transfer this phone to her?
Thanks

Hey guys, just curious what steps to take to switch phones with the wife. Ill probably leave Liquid on the X for her but want to swap SD cards. Is it as simple as just taking the one from DX and putting it in the Bionic?
I realize my root apps aren't going to work on the Bionic yet. What other steps should I take to transfer this phone to her?
Thanks

This is exactly what I did with the D3. I gave my DX to my wife. However, I did revert back to stock GB before taking it to the verizon store. They first upgraded my wife to the D3 then switch phones for us. They were also able to put all of our contacts back on our respective phones. I took the DX's 16 gig sdcard since it had all my stuff on it and gave her an 8 gig one I had lying around. It took a bit of time at the store but no hiccups at all.

Upvote 0
That is my main complaint with these new 4G phones, you have to change the sim card every time. If you change the phone from one person to another or even if you de-activate a 4G phone and go back to your 3G phone and then decide to re-activate it again, you have to get a new sim card for it. You cannot just go online in your account and activate and de-activate them like you can a 3G phone.

Upvote 0
Roger. Its for 4G LTE access only.

Yeah I wondered about that - my girls TB has a slot, that was quickly filled with a LTE card but I've seen on several spec sheets it (the bionic that is) can be replaced with a sim card to obtain global programming (or whatever makes it work away from Verizon), I even remember reading instructions on how to do so - could be completely wrong though, don't own one, neither have even used my old BB over seas (only reason I kept the pretty little brick). But again everything I've read has been posted on review sites per/post release date, with a "possible" quick guide attached.

OP ~ Sorry for thread jack, just noticed the topic and am curious -

Upvote 0
Yeah I wondered about that - my girls TB has a slot, that was quickly filled with a LTE card but I've seen on several spec sheets it (the bionic that is) can be replaced with a sim card to obtain global programming (or whatever makes it work away from Verizon), I even remember reading instructions on how to do so - could be completely wrong though, don't own one, neither have even used my old BB over seas (only reason I kept the pretty little brick). But again everything I've read has been posted on review sites per/post release date, with a "possible" quick guide attached.

OP ~ Sorry for thread jack, just noticed the topic and am curious -

No sweat. I got what I needed.

Upvote 0
Verizons price was $249 billed to my account with my wifes upgrade, plus trading in her Dumn phone for the $100 gift card which I will use toward my bill. I dont believe I would have paid the initial price of $299 for this phone.
To be honest I really dont feel it is that big of an improvement over my Rooted and Rommed DX. Don't get me wrong ...
This thing Fast and very responsive with almost No lag to speak of. However with the Data connection issues seems like many people are experiencing including me, and no SBF yet I would have stayed put at that price.

Upvote 0
Verizons price was $249 billed to my account with my wifes upgrade, plus trading in her Dumn phone for the $100 gift card which I will use toward my bill. I dont believe I would have paid the initial price of $299 for this phone.
To be honest I really dont feel it is that big of an improvement over my Rooted and Rommed DX. Don't get me wrong ...
This thing Fast and very responsive with almost No lag to speak of. However with the Data connection issues seems like many people are experiencing including me, and no SBF yet I would have stayed put at that price.

WTF!!!!.....How did you get $100 bucks for a "dumb" phone? They wanting to give me $75 for my Droid X is new condition. I'm having trouble doin the math on that one.

And VZW lists on their site the Bionic for $589 for the phone only with no contract. If anyone pays $900 for it they defenitely got ripped off.

Upvote 0
Went to Verizons "Trade In " site and entered the LG EnvyTouch and came back with $100 appraisal value? Got me?? That POS aint worth the plastic its made from if you ask me. Only problem is.. now I gotta find time to play with my Bionic in between helping my wife learn her way around the DX.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones