• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Switching to Samsung Gear Fit 2 from Moto 360

Rhonlynn

Lurker
May 17, 2010
I have a Moto 360 which I like. I also use a Samsung s6 Edge phone which I'm very happy with. I've had my Moto360 for a couple of years but Google Fit was frustrating. A lot of times it said I ran from my house to the sports stadium, which is actually 1 mile away from the freeway. Or it would track my run as yoga.

I used to have a Fitbit, but couldn't stand trying to read the lights. But it died on me after a year. Geez.

So I wanted a fitness tracker and bought a Samsung Gear Fit 2, which I like. Except I refuse to use the Samsung messenger as my default. I use Textra. Other than that. I like my Samsung Gear Fit 2. so far it has correctly mapped my intervals and also does so much more, even sleep tracking.

So, my question, what do I do with my Moto 360? Do I wear it? I like it, but I like what the Samsung Gear fit 2 does. What do you do with your smart watch if you buy a Samsung Gear Fit 2? Also, if I change my default text, can I still use Textra for texting on my phone?

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones