1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Swype and Samsung

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by neo1973, Oct 22, 2011.

1. neo1973

neo1973 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 7, 2010
    sales
    PDX
    Per the Swype forums:
    "
    stephlu2k
    [​IMG] Junior Member

Join DateMar 2011Posts2

SWYPE went nuts after FROYO update

Mine has gone nuts! It keeps on replacing common words with names in my address book, for example, "yiu" always comes on when I try to swype "you", then i have to highlight, select "you", then exit the hidden word hint thing. I have deleted "yiu" from the SWYPE library, but everytime I restart the phone, it comes back again! Also I find myself needing to correct words a lot more often now than before. I consider myself an advanced SWYPER (i used to be able to SWYPE a decent email with just my right thumb), now it's getting frustrating! I have read people saying just give it time and it will re-learn the words you use most, but it's been over 2 weeks...how much longer does it need? ​

[​IMG] Reply With Quote

03-16-2011 7:26 AM #2
    [​IMG] brian.resnik
    [​IMG] Administrator

Join DateJul 2010LocationDurham, North Carolina, United StatesPosts1,275

Unfortunately these are all known issues with the version of Swype that comes with the latest update for the Captivate. We have made an update to Swype available to Samsung but it is up to them when to deliver that upgrade to your device. We're very sorry for the problems [​IMG]"

Samsung is very quickly losing a customer. I have a house FULL of Samsung electronics, but this is garbage. The second biggest selling point when I bought my cappy was the Swype keyboard; now it's broke as hell.

Anyway, wanted to post this for others who were clinging onto that last thread of hope to continue using Swype.

Advertisement