• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Swype app available for Incredible?

I wasn't trying to acquire anything. My friend was just here with her X that was delivered on Monday. Since both of us being new to smart phones, and being from the older generation, we were showing each other what we had learned. She showed me this on her phone. Then she did a search on the Market Place, or somewhere on the phone as I wasn't paying too close attention, and found it. After she left I did a search and it was not there. I'm not trying to get anything in a round about way and no one should contact me with anything. It was simply an innocent question from an older person. Sorry

Upvote 0
I wasn't trying to acquire anything. My friend was just here with her X that was delivered on Monday. Since both of us being new to smart phones, and being from the older generation, we were showing each other what we had learned. She showed me this on her phone. Then she did a search on the Market Place, or somewhere on the phone as I wasn't paying too close attention, and found it. After she left I did a search and it was not there. I'm not trying to get anything in a round about way and no one should contact me with anything. It was simply an innocent question from an older person. Sorry
no need to apologize, and no one was insinuating that you were trying to get it illegaly. they are just covering their butts.

as far as swype goes, some people got it, some dont. haha.not having it sucks, believe me.

Upvote 0

No problems with asking the question.
There is a similar app which is available in the market, Slideit. There is a free version you can try out. I recommend trying it free first. I am not a fan of it, but some like it... "Slideit"

Upvote 0
i got swype on my phone and its still open not a closed beta...
Swype is a closed beta. It is unavailable for download unless you have already been invited to the closed beta.

Swype | Text Input for Screens

The Swype Beta is CLOSED

June 2010: Thanks for your interest, the Beta is now closed.

Please register here and we will notify you when the beta re-opens.

Swype | Text Input for Screens

2. Why the restriction on the number of participants and is it only available on Android Phones?

Well, we're still small so we're concerned that if too many people participate we will be overwhelmed.
Over the course of 2010-11 we will be supporting other devices and operating systems and might expand beta programs to those devices and operating systems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones