• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swype avail for Eris

I have no idea why I didn't download this sooner. It rocks. I think maybe it was when my husband and I saw the Omnia commercial on TV and he was like... "I bet your phone can't do that..." so without saying a word, I got on here, downloaded it and texted him "Thanks for the challange."

One thing I find weird about the commercial is that it makes it seem like it is just an Omnia thing and makes no mention of "Swype". Kinda misleading IMO. But I guess that's advertising for ya!

haha thats a win. woulda been better if he had an iphone :D

Upvote 0
THANK YOU! You have found my new happy place! Swype is so amazing! It really did not take me long at all to get the handle of this! Now I am sure I will survive until 2.1 comes out. This alone has made my eris thousands of times more fun to use, not to mention just as much easier! I remember being so jealous of that sprint phone that kept showing this keyboard off. Now I can do the same thing with my lovely eris. This reaffirms the fact that this "bargain" smart phone was truly a smart purchase!

Upvote 0
Yea, well, you're a towel.

Towelie.jpg

Upvote 0
So is the RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting the only version we (the forum) can get? Or are there new versions out besides 1.16?

Thanks.

Thank you! I've tried several different links and couldn't get any of them working on my phone. This one does.

completed the tutorial, but haven't had time to really play with it. I don't text much, but I do reply to e-mails. I'm going to give it a shot for a couple of days.

Reactions: chaM87
Upvote 0
Got it going, thanks. My cousin has this on his new MyTouch. It looked really cool. Now that I have been playing with it for a few minutes it seems slower to me than a normal keyboard. Perhaps that will change in the next few days.

Yeah, me too. I found that going through the tutorial helped me. There are quite a few slick features that Swype has. For instance, if you have the curser inside a word you want to change and click the info button (at the bottom left corner) the word window will pop up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones