• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swype avail for Eris

Upvote 0
Hey guys

I recently compiled a MM theme for swype that skins it to look like the HTC_IME keyboard for the Droid (droid-life posted a blog about it a couple days ago).

Now, I am a Droid owner, but my girlfriend has an Eris and was complaining that she didn't like the appearance of swype and wished it looked like her default (HTC_IME) keyboard. So, since I had already made the theme for Droids, I thought I would convert it over for her. Since she isn't rooted, I compiled it into the swype APK for the Eris and loaded it on her phone tonight, and it works like a charm. Since I went through all the work of compiling the theme and the apk for her, I thought I'd share it with the rest of the Eris community. Hope you guys enjoy it
smile.gif

Screenshots (from the original thread):
2ed30aq.png
dnmw6x.png

2igp2sj.png

350ksg7.png

Download: Swype-Lite.1.16.12.5228.219.apk

Instructions:

1. Download the APK and put it on your SD Card
2. If you already have Swype installed on your phone, uninstall it
3. Install this APK
4. Swype to your heart's content!

Link replaced with this mirror:
Swype-Lite.HTC.apk

Reactions: jreed2560 and BY724
Upvote 0
There's a new themed keyboard based on the latest Lite version. It's amazing.

droidkevlar: would you mind editing your original post to pop this info to the front?

[qr]Swype-Lite.1.16.12.5228.219.apk[/qr]

or: Swype-Lite.1.16.12.5228.219.apk

Below is sh0ebox's original post. Great work!

Help! I've downloaded this swype, but now it's telling me my trial period is over! i LOVE this theme version to look like the normal keyboard, and i see nowhere to upgrade. Any thoughts??

Upvote 0
Help! I've downloaded this swype, but now it's telling me my trial period is over! i LOVE this theme version to look like the normal keyboard, and i see nowhere to upgrade. Any thoughts??

It looks like EVERY 1.16 version of Swype has expired.

Until a new version is released (even for purchase), we need to find a way around this.

Can anyone tear this program up?

This is lame. Swype doesn't have an official solution for us. Does anyone have the Beta .apk around?

Upvote 0
Well... I still have the apk on my sd card, but I'm still a noob as far as apk's go. Could I possibly be able to file share the version I have that is still working? *crosses fingers*

download a free app called system panel. open ->menu->installer->click on swype on the program list->archive

mount your sd card to the computer and is should be in a folder called apparchive

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones