1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Swype beta problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bbuck002, Jun 24, 2011.

1. bbuck002

bbuck002 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Research Tech
    Buffalo
    I'm posting here b/c I'm on the rooted GB running Apex 2.0 RC2. Since Fab didn't install the swype .apks in Apex 2.0 I downloaded and installed the swype beta version. It was working like a charm until a few days ago it stopped recording swyped words and on the first time I got an popup message that said your trial has expired. I didn't know there was a trial to this. I know many other people use the Beta version, and I'm just wondering how do I get my swype working again? I've searched here, I've searched their website, I've emailed swype with no response so far, and I'm at a loss for what to do now. The beta version is definitely much better than the preloaded version for the X and I want it back. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've also tried reinstalling via the swype installer package to no avail. Please help!

B

Advertisement

2. bbuck002

bbuck002 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Research Tech
    Buffalo
    ok, after a little more research, I found an answer and will post it for the benefit of anyone else here that has experienced this.

Swype beta versions expire when a new beta version is released. In order to get it back working you have to unistall the swype program (NOT the swype installer) and then run the swype installer to get the newest version.

Swype should really make this information more readily available.