• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I always read (from swype's website) that the beta versions will not work on devices with swype pre-installed. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the versioning is different for beta and stable/commercial versions.

Maybe we could remove the pre-installed swype and then install the beta? I personally have been dying to have the Microphone button on my swype keyboard. They would have to add some really nice new features to the beta for me to be willing to give that up. :)

Upvote 0
I just noticed that the Swype on my Fascinate has a nice feature where double-clicking a word brings up the word-choice menu again. On my Incredible you have to double-click then hit the Swype key. So it's a little faster.

However, the Fascinate has this annoying problem where if you're typing letter-by-letter and you hit 'i' then the spacebar, you get 'iI' and no space.

I suppose I could move the Swype apk and install the beta...but I think I'll live for now :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones