1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Swype Built Into Ultimate Droid 9.8.0

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nydrumboy, Apr 13, 2010.

1. nydrumboy

nydrumboy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    I'd like to use Swype, but the beta is closed....however, I did notice that there's an application listed in the settings:

com.swype.android.inputmethod

Anyone know how to enable this?

thanks!

Advertisement

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    You'll still need to get the swype apk = I bet that that is here b/c bd uses Swype so it was put into System since he has it on his personal DROID....

Of course you could go into Settings --> Language and Keyboard and see if it is already there - but my experience has been that it is not.

3. nydrumboy

nydrumboy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Nope, not under Language & Keyboard.

Where could I find the apk?

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    That is version 5652t100 - which has some DRM-like code that will make you run a fix every time you reboot you phone - basically, you need to Long press a text input box, change from Swype to Android, then long press again and change back.

Since this is a closed beta, I cannot link to it, but if you look around you'll see a link for version 5612t100 which is an older bet aversion that is missing a small amount of features present in the new (like a new color border around the text input box) but which also does not have the DRM-like code so you will not have o keep performing that above-mentioned fix.