• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Swype: Can't get "how's" stored in dictionary

sremick

Android Expert
Jun 18, 2010
USA
www.ninstation.com
I'm beating my head against the wall on this one.

Every time I swype "how's", it suggests "hows" and "how's" doesn't appear as an option no matter how many times I manually type it in. Also, to add to the annoyance, I cannot successfully delete the non-word "hows" which suggests it's in the stock dictionary. Why? It's not even a word, and I should be able to delete words even if they come by default if I don't ever use them.

This is so annoying. I use "how's" all the time and yet Swype is utterly useless for it. I have to manually type it every time. What a speed-bump.

"hows" is a word, as in, "hows and wherefores"...not that people really talk like that (anymore). But it is a word.

Swype doesn't really incorporate user-created words with punctuation into the dictionary. The easy way out of this is to swype how, lift finger, swype from the apostrophe to the s. Two steps to type how's instead of one. Not ideal but can be done.

Reactions: oilrigger
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones