1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Swype doesnt like to curse

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ch229151, Mar 3, 2012.

1. ch229151

ch229151 Member

I've been using swype for a few months now, and I have noticed it will fight me tooth and nail when I input certain four letter obscenities...specifically those that start with s and f. They are all entered into the dictionary (I pressed '+' when I first typed them in), but the damn thing refuses to swype them out. Anyone else have this issue?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. (G)

(G) Android Expert

Nope. My GS2 swears like a sailor when I want it to.

3. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

Just add the word and it'll work

4. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Android Enthusiast

Just got to teach it. I type out the word, click it, Add to dictionary, and it does the rest.

5. LouWags

LouWags Well-Known Member

#$##@4

--Wag--

6. ddd22

ddd22 Lurker

mine says it learns the words... over and over again and never holds bad words in memory. it will not let me say these "bad words" no matter what i do. big brother censorship. if someone knows how to get swype to spell out WTF equivalents, please let me know how.

7. Puddin422

Puddin422 Android Expert

Mine won't let me say f-ing. It has learned the s word no problem. Just the four letter f word. But when I try to put the -ing on the end, it comes out "ducking." I have to go back and change the D to an F. It is in the dictionary! But it will NEVER swype that word.

8. (G)

(G) Android Expert

Duck it. Just keep adding the f... :)

9. Puddin422

Puddin422 Android Expert

What's bad is, my exhusband's nickname was Duck. When i tried to swype Duck, it would put the F word. LOL

10. scotian925

scotian925 Lurker

Ok, so I tried everything from adding things to my personal dictionary to trying to figure out how to add them under swipe settings>my words>edit my dictionary but I couldn't seem to get anything to work. But I figured it out!! From your home screen go to settings>my device>language and input> then select the cog next to swipe>my words then check mark cellular data, contribute usage data, and living language. After that, go into your messaging and type in your favorite four letter word, hit space and in the suggestions box "add **** to dictionary will pop up and you just add. Remember, it is case sensitive so I just made sure it learned them in lower case so it wouldn't capitalize it every time. Thanks for the tips from you guys, I wouldn't have been able to work my way to the solution without you!!

11. azeem40

azeem40 Lurker

Why the duck do you even need to swear...?

12. prosit

prosit Lurker

This worked perfectly, thank you for letting me swear again, i f'ing love swearing :)

And to the guy (or girl) that asked why someone even needed to swear... it's not really about needing it, but a right to. I would never swear at you, but my imaginary girlfriend likes to be verbally abused :)

13. RandyS

RandyS Lurker

On the S5, all you have to do is disable offensive words on the input settings for your keyboard, and then add the words to your dictionary. Now I can type the word "ducking" correctly :)

Randy

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews