• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swype double tap

growler13

Apr 21, 2010
Maybe I'm missing something but in the WinMo version of Swype theres an option to double a word that came out wrong and choose from a list of alternatives. That function doesn't seem to be included in the android one. I don't have nearly as many mistakes now with a capacitive touch screen as opposed to my old resistive, but I still get one every now and again and its easier to do that than place the cursor, backspace, and re-swype.

Maybe I'm missing something but in the WinMo version of Swype theres an option to double a word that came out wrong and choose from a list of alternatives. That function doesn't seem to be included in the android one. I don't have nearly as many mistakes now with a capacitive touch screen as opposed to my old resistive, but I still get one every now and again and its easier to do that than place the cursor, backspace, and re-swype.

Only in landscape..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones