1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Swype eating my battery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by selmerdave, Jan 10, 2014.

1. selmerdave

selmerdave Member
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Battery life has seemed to have gone down from what it was. Curiously, Swype is often toward the top of the list of battery users, accounting for 15-20% of battery usage. I'm not typing that much...what is going on? I've power cycled and removed recent apps, no change there. Anyone else see Swype high on the list?

Dave

Advertisement

2. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert
    None

Oct 23, 2009
    Male
    FedEx... yea, those guys
    Nashville, TN
    Are you still using the beta, or are you using the Play store version? If you are on the beta, delete it and the installer app that may be in your App drawer and go to the Play store version. I've never had the issue, but it looks like some have per this Swype forum thread. Some say disabling the Living Language option corrected the issue, but it didn't work for all. Living language is at Settings / Language and input / tap the gear next to Swype / Language Options / uncheck Living language. Good luck. IMO Swype is the best keyboard out there.

selmerdave likes this.
  3. zipred

zipred Android Expert
    None

Oct 8, 2013
    California USA
    I agree, open minded & open to switch if a better swiping keyboard is developed, I've tried them all. So far in my experience not even SwiftKey is as accurate. I've become so fast, the others just can't match the speedy response of SWYPE.

Half the reason I find Android so compelling is it's ability to run SWYPE & Feature Beautiful Large Displays. The speed and accuracy with which I can respond to msgs and email is beyond what I ever thought possible after tapping away on an iPhone from the past.

4. XiphoneUzer

XiphoneUzer Member
    None

Nov 28, 2013
    I have yet to discover swipe, (but want to).
    I just click the microphone icon and im off and running.
    Much more accurate than apple, (from real life experience no less) :)

5. khedrasade

khedrasade Lurker
    None

Jan 10, 2014
    Sorry, can't answer your question. Just wanted to know how to get a conversation started in this forum. I posted a question days ago and cant get a response.

6. XiphoneUzer

XiphoneUzer Member
    None

Nov 28, 2013
    It helps if you post your question in the right forum.
    I posted a response for you. Go look :)

7. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator
    None

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    Civil Engineer
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I know I had this issue with Swype as well. The preinstalled version on my Note 3 just ate so much battery. I might try and go back to it though, I loved it a lot, was actually better than Swiftkey. They still really need to add themes.

I'll go check out your question and maybe even move it to a better forum to get assistance.

8. lear

lear Lurker
    None

Jan 10, 2014
    where can i get a swype version that actually works?
    i live in china and my note 3 doesnt open play store. i tried many versions of swype , beta, beta +dragon, but they didnt work. or should i purchase it after all?

9. MrClean

MrClean Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 27, 2010
    Male
    Telecom
    KC MO
    I'll check mine after awhile, just flashed a new ROM. But I do know that the version from the Play Store was lagging really badly sometimes. It was unusable when it got like that. I'd switch to the stock version of Swype and used it for days with zero lag on any app. With the Play Store version of Swype, it was in Google Hangouts that it became the most problematic.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in 2012 and was the company's flagship phablet. The device featured a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 13MP main camera.