1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Swype Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by boogshag, Sep 20, 2011.

1. boogshag

boogshag Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Ive been struggling with this swype problem for a long time...anyway, if the first suggested word that pops up is one that ive created and I choose to select a different word, I get the annoying pop up about Hidden Words EVERY TIME. Even when help indicators are turned off. Does anyone have a fix for this? I really enjoy swype beside this issue, so please dont say just scrap swype. Thanks for your help!

Advertisement

2. boogshag

boogshag Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    really? no one has this problem or a solution for it?? we all have the same phone!

3. chilinski

chilinski Newbie
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    Sometimes it's not even a real word. For example, when I swyped "the," it would tell me "the" has been replaced with "thq." Where did it get that? I have no idea. I've gone through the steps of deleting the "bad" words from Swype, but often I forget the spellings before I get around to it.

I agree that it's really annoying. I'd be happy if it just gave me its best guess of a word, not replace anything and let me get on with life.

4. amaluccio

amaluccio Lurker
    None

Apr 26, 2012
    i loved swype before i upgraded to ICS now im struggling especially that i cant add a second language...can anyone help please????

5. Stevie D

Stevie D Member
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    Male
    Deputy Campaign Manager for McKenna For Congress
    Orlando Florida
    See if clearing Swipes Data and Cache works..... Menu, Settings, Applications, Manage Settings, All, then find Swipe. You can Clear Data and Cache there.