1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Swype Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by boogshag, Sep 20, 2011.

1. boogshag

boogshag Lurker

Ive been struggling with this swype problem for a long time...anyway, if the first suggested word that pops up is one that ive created and I choose to select a different word, I get the annoying pop up about Hidden Words EVERY TIME. Even when help indicators are turned off. Does anyone have a fix for this? I really enjoy swype beside this issue, so please dont say just scrap swype. Thanks for your help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. boogshag

boogshag Lurker

really? no one has this problem or a solution for it?? we all have the same phone!

3. chilinski

chilinski Newbie

Sometimes it's not even a real word. For example, when I swyped "the," it would tell me "the" has been replaced with "thq." Where did it get that? I have no idea. I've gone through the steps of deleting the "bad" words from Swype, but often I forget the spellings before I get around to it.

I agree that it's really annoying. I'd be happy if it just gave me its best guess of a word, not replace anything and let me get on with life.

4. amaluccio

amaluccio Lurker

i loved swype before i upgraded to ICS now im struggling especially that i cant add a second language...can anyone help please????

5. Stevie D

Stevie D Member

See if clearing Swipes Data and Cache works..... Menu, Settings, Applications, Manage Settings, All, then find Swipe. You can Clear Data and Cache there.

LG Optimus One Forum

The LG Optimus One release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews