• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

boogshag

Lurker
Sep 20, 2011
Ive been struggling with this swype problem for a long time...anyway, if the first suggested word that pops up is one that ive created and I choose to select a different word, I get the annoying pop up about Hidden Words EVERY TIME. Even when help indicators are turned off. Does anyone have a fix for this? I really enjoy swype beside this issue, so please dont say just scrap swype. Thanks for your help!

Sometimes it's not even a real word. For example, when I swyped "the," it would tell me "the" has been replaced with "thq." Where did it get that? I have no idea. I've gone through the steps of deleting the "bad" words from Swype, but often I forget the spellings before I get around to it.

I agree that it's really annoying. I'd be happy if it just gave me its best guess of a word, not replace anything and let me get on with life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones