• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Swype keeps suggesting words even when told not to

You're probably not missing anything. I just got a Spectrum and I'm also having trouble with Swype. It's not accurate. For example when I entered "furniture store" it typed "dimitir soiree". It types tui for food and folios for food. I have trace turned on so I know I'm hitting the right keys. I've adjusted the setting for speed vs. accuracy a few times but it doesn't help. Swype worked fine on my last phone. There must be something wrong with the program.

Upvote 0
You're probably not missing anything. I just got a Spectrum and I'm also having trouble with Swype. It's not accurate. For example when I entered "furniture store" it typed "dimitir soiree". It types tui for food and folios for food. I have trace turned on so I know I'm hitting the right keys. I've adjusted the setting for speed vs. accuracy a few times but it doesn't help. Swype worked fine on my last phone. There must be something wrong with the program.

Are you sure you are on English?

Upvote 0
Hmmm. Let me check........yes, everything on the page is in English except what I key in.
Nono, it's the KEYBOARD itself that doesn't appear to be in English, hon.

To change the keyboard language: push and hold the circled key:
35irgnb.jpg

until a menu like this pops up:
2h84g8n.jpg

Select US English. You're all set.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones