• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swype keyboard sucks after update!!

presta24

Oct 1, 2011
Updated my phone a few months ago as told by my phone/service (Sprint). The Swype keyboard used to work pretty good, as far as understanding what words I wanted it to input. Since the update its horrible. I have finally had enough!! I spend more time either correcting the auto correct or spelling what I wanted it to spell any ways. Any thing I can do about it???

Everyone seems to be having trouble with the ICS upgrade. Personally I'm still on Gingerbread. I read that clearing the Swype application data might help. On Gingerbread (this could be a little different on ICS) you can do that by going to your home screen then going to...

menu/settings/applications/manage applications/all tab

...scroll down to Swipe and force stop, then clear data. Re-start phone and see if that helped.

Reactions: presta24
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones