• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swype makes emojis, not words

BrannC

Lurker
Apr 23, 2016
Some words when I'm swiping come out as emojis. It still shows different words in the suggestions bar and even if i click one of those, the emoji stays. It pisses me off. I want to hit things and anyone nearby when it happens. Over and over and over again i swype the word but get an emoji instead until i finally have to suck it up and type it out. Well... I don't want to type it out. Is there any way to fix this? Or anyone with the same problem? My screen is cracked if that matters. It didn't happen before i cracked it, granted i had the phone maybe a week at that time. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Not sure if you're using Swype+ dragon from the play store or the stock one, but with Swype+ dragon the option is in the settings. (Press and holds the Swype key on the lower left of the keyboard to quickly get to Swype settings)
I couldn't find this option in the stock one on my phone.
830932042fb42e35cb729216db14cbff.jpg

Edit - also, welcome to our forum :)

Last edited:
Reactions: prrep
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones