1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Swype - Menu you didn't see

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TF1984, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Caloy

Caloy Android Expert

As promised. Thanks mate. Again nice post mate.... Cheers!

TF1984 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TF1984

TF1984 Android Enthusiast

June Swype expiring soon. Maybe that's it, if you're a registered beta membet you can catch any update on the swype site. I am a member, I'll check and get back to you.

BigHAZE likes this.
  3. TF1984

Slylust, yeah me neither. I have to tick on the word then hit the swype key to force word recognition.

4. dsarch21

dsarch21 Well-Known Member

thanks! I was wondering if there were arrows to move the cursor precisely....

5. BigHAZE

BigHAZE Well-Known Member

Thanks. I checked the beta page last night, but couldn't find anything. When I just checked this morning, I saw that there was a beta update. I grabbed it and it installed fine. I am working again with Swype. Appreciate it.

6. atypical1

atypical1 Newbie

Great tip. Thanks a million for this.

7. TF1984

I checked just now and they are still only listing the Current (June) download. Where did you find an update?

8. TF1984

Bumpity Bump Bump Bump.

9. BigHAZE

BigHAZE Well-Known Member

10. TF1984

Thought I would give this a Bump since Evo now has Swype as a stock option.

AlkiDweller and RhinoDoc like this.
  11. RhinoDoc

RhinoDoc Member

Wow, thanks for bumping. I have been using Swype for months now, knew I could get the alternate symbol layout but longpressing the sym button, but not the f/5 bit. I have dumped Swype a few times in favor of a keyboard that has directional arrows, but always gone back. I never knew about that trick. Makes it that much better!

12. sharinlea

sharinlea Newbie

I just really wish they'd add double-space for period insert like most other keyboards out there. I know it's a matter of preference, but there's no reason we can't have both ways.

jct1230 and jazzy921 like this.
  13. DaedalusxX

DaedalusxX Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks for this, I've been missing the arrow keys since moving to Swype.

14. Ecktore

Ecktore Member

Seriously, I wish i saw this thread much sooner. Not knowing about the arrow keys has been very frustrating.

15. abutt

abutt Lurker

Hey, I am trying to figure out how to spell check an SMS text message. You mention that you set speed to max and worry about typos later when you run a spell check. How, exactly, to you access a spell check function? The way you describe the process it doesn't sound like a pain in the ass at all. Please save me from my typo-hell... Thanks!

16. TF1984

Sorry, re-read my post. At the end I do "My spell check". Unfortunately there's not a system check to run. I simply read over what I've typed.

Any word that is incorrect, double-tap and Swype should offer alternative options. I find it's still quicker to go this was so you're not back and fourth swyping, reading, swyping, reading, correcting, reading, swyping, reading..

On a side note, recommend you try SlideIT from the market. It is far superior to Swype IMHO.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews