1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Swype not working on rooted 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheLaw, Jun 21, 2011.

1. TheLaw

TheLaw Newbie
    None

Sep 13, 2010
    Sactown
    So today when I got back from my break at work, my swype stopped working. I'm on serendipity 6.4 and have never had trouble with my swype till today. It just randomly stopped working. I can swype the word and you see the green line but the a blue boarder goes around my keyboard and the word doesn't show up. I don't know what the problem might be. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. fritolayguy

fritolayguy Lurker
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    Self Employed
    Liberty, MO.
    When I installed Serendipity, I had the same issue. What I found was that I had to download the Swype Beta installer from the Swype website, and install that on the phone.

3. Sarius24

Sarius24 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    Dishwasher
    First of all here's the new swype:
    Swype | Text Input for Screens

Second of all you're gonna have to remove the swype on your phone, it's been expiring for almost everybody on the XDA forums so you might as well check there for information on how to rid of the old swype and install the beta. Here follow this link:

[ROM]

4. azcats_fan

azcats_fan Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    Everyone is having this problem. You can use Titanium backup to uninstall swype. Then go and sign up for swype beta 3.0 Follow the instructions to download and install on your phone.

I did this and it worked great, but after the first re-boot the darn thing stopped working. Uninstall again using titanium backup and reinstall using the swype email instructions. After that its worked flawlessly. (others had the same problem after the first re-boot)