• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Swype on i7500 1.6

I've never used swype, but a lot on this forum have reported it as a good utility. That said, are you able to install it?

Also, after installing it, I think, when you want to enter something, you need to hold your finger down on the text box. After a few seconds, a dialog should come up, asking which keyboard you want to use.

-chronodekar

Upvote 0
Swype works great on Galaxy! But you need to sign up as beta-tester to obtain it the official way.

I tried it before, but the official version does not support the dutch language, which I needed. I searched the internet for a version that did support it. I found it on rapidshare and it worked for about 3 weeks, but now it says trial period is over. Didn't find a new working version yet :(.

Upvote 0
So I have installed the swype app as described in the instructions from the link proivided, however when i try to use it it comes up with an error message saying

The swype package you installed does not match the screen size of the device. Please contact Swype about this issue. Screen size:480x320.

Im running Galaxo on my i7500.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Yes, it works great. (Search for swapping and swype on this forum).

The key is memory limitations. You need to have swapping working (either through a swap partition or a swap file like Swapper 2 uses), for the installer to complete successfully. (This is assuming that you're on the beta program and have been able to download the installer).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones