• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

swype or slideit?

oopzs , that should read swype or swiftkey , anyway
what one do you pefer. and are there anyonther swipe type k,b's

actually there is 'slide it', which is actually what I thought you wrote in the title anyway :D

I havent tried any swype style keyboards on the Desire, but I did try both swype and slide it on my old nokia 5800 last year...swype was in a beta and a lil rough but still good, but I found slide it to be much better at the time..

I know that doesnt help GREATLY to you lol...

Upvote 0
I use Slideit, tried Swype briefly but just didn't get along with it.

Slideit got updated a few weeks ago, the new version is great, really responsive & I like the fact you can easily resize it on the fly. I usually keep it quite small, but for car use & drunk use - big is good :) Well worth the couple of quid.

Upvote 0
you can delete words, after it's typed your random word scroll back to it and the little + sign will turn into a - sign. If you click it the word will be deleted :)

ScreenShot-3.png

ScreenShot-4.png

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
SlideIT, much better for me. You can add any 2 or more letter abbreviation to write a long phrase, I use em to write my whole email address, that's brilliant.

It shows predicted words at the top always. You can correct by clicking on a word and the options at the top come back. SlideIT for me is miles better than swype.

Upvote 0
Ive tried both but i like slide it more. i do think when trying to "swipe" fast that swype can be mroe accurate but i think that slideit is a much better choice for a phone that lacks a physical keyboard. i like the fact that slideit makes you manually add new words. about 20% of the time i like to type in landscape and swype was difficult and hard to use in that way. if i manually misspelled from typing a word too fast in landscape when tapping, swype added it automatically and this really started to bug me when i went back to swiping. also i felt that when i started deleting random words from slideit that i never used (sometimes i wonder if some of the things slideit comes up with are even real words lol) it became more accurate. i found myself deleting about 3-4 words a text just to get random letter combinations out of the dictionary but now that i did that, i feel that the accuracy is on the same level as swype. thats my two cents, maybe this helps someone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones