• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swype question - automatic spacing after period?

droidros

Android Enthusiast
Oct 10, 2010
DC Metro Area
I am very impressed with Swype and just amazed that it is able to correctly guess what I am trying to type most of the time.

But I have a question. What is the correct way to add a period? It seems that when i first started using it, if I used a period it would automatically add a space and capitalize the next word. But it doesn't do that now. I get no space or capitalization and have to add the space manually.

While Swype is an admirable input app, I have found that I prefer SwiftKey. I prefer the text prediction (meaning it predicts the next word you are going to type before you type it) it gives as well as the ability to insert a period with the space key. I am looking forward to the Tab version coming shortly. Can't wait to try it out. Just my two cents.:D

It would be great is swift key could offer a swype method in combo with the text prediction it offers. That would truly be amazing. I am surprised that neither app is offering it. Seems like a no brainer. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones