• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

swype question

fhsfish

Apr 13, 2010
i upgraded to the new beta of swype and since then have found one minor issue. when i try to loop on a letter to do a double letter like the t in the word letter, i have difficulty doing so. I have to make a very large loop that only crosses over the letter, rather than looping on top of it like i used to be able to do. i'm not sure if this is just something to do with a setting that got changed or if it is a bigger issue so any help is appreciated.
I know you guys are quick to reply so thanks in advance.

Yeah the "squiggle" technique works for me, too.
For me I have noticed that when I double tap on a word to correct it, the word correction window doesn't pop up.
I have to press the Swype key to make it come up or just re-swype the word.
Oh and when I do insert the right word, the cursor is not in the right place for the next Swype. ><

Anyone else have this, too or did I screw up a setting somewhere?

Upvote 0
i haven't had a chance to mess around much with the settings yet. i'm gonna work with them some and see what i can figure out that way.

haha maker you aren't the only one with those sausage fingers. i thought swype wouldn't work for me at first because of it lol

and i've tried the squiggle technique previous, but it just feels weird to me and before this version it wasn't as effective for me. haven't tried it much since the update though

Upvote 0
i upgraded to the new beta of swype and since then have found one minor issue. when i try to loop on a letter to do a double letter like the t in the word letter, i have difficulty doing so. I have to make a very large loop that only crosses over the letter, rather than looping on top of it like i used to be able to do. i'm not sure if this is just something to do with a setting that got changed or if it is a bigger issue so any help is appreciated.
I know you guys are quick to reply so thanks in advance.

Reboot your phone. It'll fix that bug and the double loop will be working again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones