1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Swype update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DC1022, Dec 22, 2011.

1. DC1022

DC1022 Well-Known Member

Hello, I just updated swype beta that comes with dragon on my phone today, but on my tablet I can't find out where to update the pre-installed swype, our is it even out; or do I even know what I'm talking about?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dennyjones

dennyjones Lurker

The Swype beta is different than what came installed on the tablet. The beta can be updated from the Swype site but the one that came on you table, like my Droid X can not. Now.... if you delete the Swype on the tablet you can install the Swype beta and be the same on both devices. But...you have to be rooted.

3. DC1022

DC1022 Well-Known Member

I understand that they are different, but maybe what I don't understand ( is what I thought anyway) that once the beta was out for a bit, the devices with pre-installed swype's got the new update as well. Am I correct or am just completely wrong?

4. My sister, who also has a Tab, wanted to do the update. Wasn't sure if she had the old Swype and couldn't find it in her apps list. She found it as one of the alternative keyboard setups. Installed the updated app and says it works very well. As I recall, the beta was an apk that had to be installed as a third party app when it first came out. Hope that helps. :)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews