• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swype Update

isaemm

Android Enthusiast
Jun 3, 2010
NorCal
Today when I went to send a text I got a popup window telling me that my Swype Beta trial has expired. So I went into my settings and saw that there is an update for Swype. I clicked on the update, but it has been downloading for about a half hour now. I am on wifi but I cant imagine this update is so large that its taking this long to download.
Anyone else have this issue?:thinking:

Today when I went to send a text I got a popup window telling me that my Swype Beta trial has expired. So I went into my settings and saw that there is an update for Swype. I clicked on the update, but it has been downloading for about a half hour now. I am on wifi but I cant imagine this update is so large that its taking this long to download.
Anyone else have this issue?:thinking:

Also consider the SwiftKey Flow beta that just came out a few weeks ago. Same as swype, but with SwiftKey word predictions.

Swype
Definitely, but not significantly, better at the swiping of letters (duh, right?) and the ability to edit personal dictionary is a plus

SwiftKey Flow
Only slightly better at word prediction. Swiping of letters is being auto-customized and better every day. Voice to text is quicker and slightly more accurate then swype.

SwiftKey - The best-selling Android app of 2012

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones