• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Okay, did everything as stated on their website and when I go to "Unknown sources" I don't even have that option! WTF? I upgraded to 2.1 through the proper channels here in the States, and have never rooted my phone. Are these unavailable in 2.1? In fact, I don't have the following selections:

1. Unknown sources
  2. Storage use
  3. Battery use

Screenshot is from Swype's website in their how to install section, and not a screen shot from my own personal phone.

1-4.b.png

Upvote 0
Okay, did everything as stated on their website and when I go to "Unknown sources" I don't even have that option! WTF? I upgraded to 2.1 through the proper channels here in the States, and have never rooted my phone. Are these unavailable in 2.1? In fact, I don't have the following selections:
some carriers software, especially in the USA have removed this option of "unknown sources" as they dont want you playing with your phone in that respect.
the only way around this is to debrand your phone and install 2.1 from another region.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones