1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Swype Vs. Stock Texting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rube8514, Feb 23, 2011.

?

Swype Vs. Stock Texting

1. Swype

33.3%
  2. Stock

66.7%
  1. Rube8514

Rube8514 Well-Known Member

I just downloaded the Swype Beta.....really didn't set well after playing with it for a bit...What's everyone using for typing?

Advertisement

2. Rube8514

Rube8514 Well-Known Member

I personally believe typing rather than swyping is faster...just my $.02.

3. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands

I have fat fingers, and because of that and the little screen that the hero has, I am faster with swype. It also seems to be more intuitive than the word prediction with the stock keyboards... I agree that I would probably be faster with the regular kb if my fingers were not so apt to press multiple keys at the same time.

4. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

I was in beta with Swiftkey last year, I liked it so much that I bought it:D I don't how it is with other keyboards but it's also a great keyboard for rooted phones because the dictionary is stored on the sd card. So.... when I wipe the phone(factory reset), the language module is up to date with my typing;)

So, I vote for other:p

srkmagnus likes this.
  5. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert

The stock keyboard for me please. I tried to get used to the Swype keyboard and it just did not work out for me.

That is useful information about the SwiftKey keyboard, andygu3. I will definitely be looking into that now.

andygu3 likes this.
  6. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

It pretty useful, imo;)

7. srkmagnus

srkmagnus Well-Known Member

I used Swype for a while when it was leaked a while back. It's good, but wasn't for me. Been using Swiftkey mostly since then.

8. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Android Enthusiast

I swyped for a long time, but have changed over to swiftkey after the I got let into the beta. I will not be going back to swype now. The prediction on swiftkey is pretty darn good and makes typing pretty quick. I have large fingers, but the landscape mode in GB is pretty non-laggy, so my big fingers are a non issue. :)

Tags: