• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
i installed froyo yesterday.I have never had swype but i thought it was included in froyo.I have never used it but would like to try it out.what do i need to do to get it?

I don't think I could live without swype now. I managed to find a way around not having received an invite before by doing the following:

1. Go ahead and register.
  2. Once you are registered, if you don't see an option at the bottom of the page to resend the invite, logout and login again.
  3. At the bottom of the page, you should see two boxes, the left asks if you want to change your password, the right should have the option to resend the invite.
  4. Choose to resend the invite and you'll receive an email to the account with which you registered. Just follow the instructions on the site and you should be good to go!

Of course, that is provided that it still shows up that way.

Good luck!

Reactions: philblackwell
Upvote 0
Doesn't work...but thanks for the tip.

I don't think I could live without swype now. I managed to find a way around not having received an invite before by doing the following:

1. Go ahead and register.
  2. Once you are registered, if you don't see an option at the bottom of the page to resend the invite, logout and login again.
  3. At the bottom of the page, you should see two boxes, the left asks if you want to change your password, the right should have the option to resend the invite.
  4. Choose to resend the invite and you'll receive an email to the account with which you registered. Just follow the instructions on the site and you should be good to go!

Of course, that is provided that it still shows up that way.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones