1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Swype

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thinkblue, May 22, 2011.

1. thinkblue

thinkblue Lurker

I hate to ask a question that's been asked thousands of times but I figure asking the community is my best choice so please forgive me. I've tried searching the forums as well as the world wide webz but I can't seem to find a stable, working version of the latest swype apk. I'm looking for the newest one that finally fixed the annoying "hidden word" popup. Please, if anyone can help me or steer me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. :)

Unfortunately, I have yet to receive the silent update that allows me to install non-market apps otherwise I could do it the legit way through the swype beta. My patience has run dry. :(

Thanks again!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Canio Wolf

Canio Wolf Newbie

There's a way to install non market apps without rooting or having sideloading enabled, it's over at xda. I've never tried it so I don't know exactly what you need to do but I've heard it's got a lot of positive feedback

3. spoiler61

spoiler61 Newbie

Go to settings, apps then check unkowen sources, u should have it..i just downloaded it off of swypes web page..

4. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert

There are still people who have not gotten the update yet. It seems to be random as to who gets it and when so just because you have it doesn't mean everyone does. I got mine one day and my husband the next day and my cousin still doesn't have it.

5. th3goob

th3goob Well-Known Member

download the android sdk, then shift right click in the android sdk tools folder, and then type adb devices
    it should start the daemon
    after that type adb install (app name here)
    (make sure the app is in the directory of the tools folder for it to work) or just type out the full directory of where the app is installed, and enojoy

6. StandingCow

StandingCow Member

Does swype stop working randomly for anyone else? I had to reinstall it just now.

7. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert

I haven't had that problem since mid to late march, I had to reinstall swype and it has been working since

8. Canio Wolf

Canio Wolf Newbie

I have swype but whenever I mess up a word and I double click it to change it then the HTC "COPY, CUT, PASTE" options always appear and block the list of words that swype gives. Is there anyway to take that off or anything? Sometimes it's very annoying :(

9. buckyandroid

buckyandroid Newbie

you can use slideit as an alternative

Canio Wolf likes this.
  10. Canio Wolf

Canio Wolf Newbie

Yeah I tried it. It feels REALLY weird but I guess I'll have to suck it up since regular swype is becoming a hassle :(

11. Lincoln4

Lincoln4 Newbie

Weird. Mine just quit today. I'll have to try uninstalling & reinstalling.

12. albs96

albs96 Lurker

Hi

I was able to download swype for htc desire and switched keyboard from input to swipe. When I go to start and type...swype keyboard appears and when I do the swyping...path appears. After completing the swpe motions of one board...boarder perimeter of the keyboard blinks but no word appears.

Need help on identifying what I need to do. Predictive is on as well.

13. AvengerBB

AvengerBB Member

I have had that sometimes... change your keyboard to standard, then back to swype.

14. iron mongoose

iron mongoose Newbie

OK i'll ask, what is swype and why do i want it im a newbie and have no idea whAT IT IS THANX ---TOM ps sorry for capp did not realize i hit caps lock:cool:

15. StandingCow

StandingCow Member

It allows you to just run your finger across the keys to spell a word instead of tapping them, so it is a bit quicker. It takes a little getting used to.

16. RB215

RB215 Newbie

where can i purchase this specific app called swype from? i searched it in amazon appstore but the apps that appear are under different names. :thinking:

17. RigelX

RigelX Well-Known Member

If you have the update that allows you to install non-market apps, you can get it from Swype | Text Input for Screens (dunno why the link isn't underlined, but it's definitely a link)from there, you can sign up for the beta, and they'll email a link to download and install it.
    It takes some getting-used-to.
    I've had it installed for about a week. I'm not entirely sure I'll keep using it, but it's getting easier.

RB215 likes this.
  18. RB215

RB215 Newbie

ok thanks:cool: