1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Swype

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by poolegooner, Sep 2, 2011.

1. poolegooner

poolegooner Newbie

Any one managed to get Swype to work? I got it to install but no words appear when I swipe the keys? I'm using slideIt from the market which is ok but isn't as good as Swype.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Delsus

Delsus Android Enthusiast

Did you download Swype from the swipe website or googling for an APK? if it was from the website run the Swype Installer again to repair any problems and if you downloaded it from an APK redownload it from the website so it can be properly authenticated.

I have swype and it works with no problems.

3. poolegooner

poolegooner Newbie

i downloaded it off the net, i'll try and redownload it again. i didn't know u could download it from their website, is it free?!!! ;)

4. Delsus

Yep thats where I downloaded it from, heres the link to the newest beta version, works fine Swype | Text Input for Screens you just need to regester an account on the site for the download, then when installing it you will need to use the credentials again to prove its you installing it.

But yeah using an APK for swype doesnt work, one I used kept force closing, they make you authenticate to make sure its a legit version you are using.

poolegooner likes this.
  5. poolegooner

poolegooner Newbie

Cheers Delsus i've just installed Swype from their website and it's working fine i'm well happy!;) looks more professional than SlideIt. I don't understand why you can't get it thru the market though?!! one other thing you might know can you get skins for Swype?

6. Delsus

I dont think there are any skins, theres nothing in the swype settings to change the skin which makes me think you cant change the skin.

7. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Just a reminder that we only allow discussion of the legally obtained version of swype. :)

LG Optimus (GT540) Forum

The LG Optimus (GT540) release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.0" inch screen, 3MP camera, 156GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews