1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Swype

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cincy73, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Cincy73

Cincy73 Newbie
    None

Mar 22, 2010
    just south of Pittsburgh
    Swype keyboard seems to be freezing up the phone, but it is smoother than Samsung keyboard, anyone else have this issue?

Advertisement

2. jkoch2272

jkoch2272 Newbie
    None

May 6, 2011
    I was using Swype on my S3 because I loved it on my DX but I found it to be less accurate. Since the new Swift Key Flow Beta came out I've been using that and haven't missed it. If you can't figure anything out I recommend giving it a shot!

3. Gmash

Gmash Extreme Android User
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    neither Here nor There
    Swype that came on the phone or Swype beta? Mine only had the Samsung keyboard installed. I downloaded Swype beta, and it works great.

4. mikes1

mikes1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 18, 2012
    I use the Swype keyboard now because the new Samsung keyboard is bad. I noticed the freezing up and for me it was because it was connected to my facebook account. It was also causing battery drain because of that. I looked one day and a stupid keyboard accounted for 7% of my battery drain which is weird. So I unlinked it with facebook and now there is no lag and Swype is never showing up in my battery log. I tried the swift key flow beta and hated it. Annoying sound on keypress and it wasn't very good with capitilization. Also, the icons and numbers weren't in the traditional locations so it just made it kind of annoying to have to get used to new layouts. The Swype keyboard on my S3 works great even though I would prefer the Samsung keyboard. However, the Samsung keyboard just doesn't work like it should.