• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded the 1.56 HTC_IME Swype, installed it on my rooted Sprint HTC Hero phone and it shows up in the settings. I click the check box so I think it would be active, but when I use an application the keyboard still shows the stock Android one.

Any thoughts? I may just try the Shapewriter or SlideIt if there's no way for Swype to work.
Thanks!

Upvote 0
Disregard my last post....While in the Market and in the process of downloading SlideIt I read its instructions which stated to hold down the text box for a long time and it would prompt text input option, then I was able to choose Swype from there. It's all good now.

Sorry about that...(still a newbie root user and learning slowly) :)

Upvote 0
The distrbution of Swype except from the developers themselves is illegal.

It is against our policy here at Android Forums to allow posts, links or even mentions of how to obtain applications not intended for public use. This includes paid and free.

Android Forums is a strong supporter of the developer community as well as the legal system and we take things of this nature very seriously.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones