• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mysticmead

Android Expert
Nov 29, 2009
Kingston, GA
Akkkk... last night my Swype died... I'm sure that happened to just about everyone that was running it (based on the posts at XDA)

have no fear... here's a new working version. Link Removed By OfTheDamned make sure to uninstall the old version first (menu>settings>applications>manage applications) and after installing the new one go to menu>settings>lanuguage & keyboard and select swype for your keyboard. and then into the swype settings (same place that you select swype as your keyboard) and turn off vibrate

Akkkk... last night my Swype died... I'm sure that happened to just about everyone that was running it (based on the posts at XDA)

have no fear... here's a new working version. Link Removed By OfTheDamned make sue to uninstall the old version first (menu>settings>applications>manage applications) and after installing the new one go to menu>settings>lanuguage & keyboard and select swype for your keyboard. and then into the swype settings (same place that you select swype as your keyboard) and turn off vibrate

haha happened to me too. i just downloaded version 1.25 from xda. works like a charm :D
i was gonna post something like this but u beat me to it :)

Upvote 0

have no fear... here's a new working version. Link Removed By OfTheDamned make sure to uninstall the old version first (menu>settings>applications>manage applications) and after installing the new one go to menu>settings>lanuguage & keyboard and select swype for your keyboard. and then into the swype settings (same place that you select swype as your keyboard) and turn off vibrate

I went to use it and was PI$$ED! Thanks for the link mystic..

Upvote 0
While we're on the subject, I have a hard time getting swype to write a few fairly common words. Does anyone know how to save the word after you manually write it out? Sorry if it has been asked but I haven't been able to find it myself.... I keep messing with it and trying different things, but I can't get it to remember some of my lexicon...

As always thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
While we're on the subject, I have a hard time getting swype to write a few fairly common words. Does anyone know how to save the word after you manually write it out? Sorry if it has been asked but I haven't been able to find it myself.... I keep messing with it and trying different things, but I can't get it to remember some of my lexicon...

As always thanks in advance!

According to the tutorial, you need to type out the word one letter at a time, followed by space. It should save the word automatically. If you've tried that multiple times, I guess you just have to do it without any errors, or be very specific when you try to swype it.

Upvote 0
According to the tutorial, you need to type out the word one letter at a time, followed by space. It should save the word automatically. If you've tried that multiple times, I guess you just have to do it without any errors, or be very specific when you try to swype it.

Yeah, that doesn't seem to do it for me. I have been running swype for about three weeks and it is always the same couple words. good, didn't, don't, won't... etc. Kinda drives me nuts, but the rest of swype makes up for that!
And thanks for the idea
;)

Upvote 0
Yeah, that doesn't seem to do it for me. I have been running swype for about three weeks and it is always the same couple words. good, didn't, don't, won't... etc. Kinda drives me nuts, but the rest of swype makes up for that!
And thanks for the idea
;)

weird.. good, don't didn't and won't all work for me.. and adding a word works like the tut says..

Upvote 0
And thanks for the idea
;)

once youve typed the word, select it and click the swipe button on the lower left corner. Does it say "are you sure you want to delete xxx from the dictionary?" thats how i check to make sure its been added. Just press no

Upvote 0
My guess is that Swype might be out of beta soon, seems like a good reason to find all the leaked versions and time bomb them. I tried a 1.25 version from XDA but I still couldn't swype with it, which is weird cause it's working fine for a lot of other people, any suggestions? I'm lost with out Swype

did you delete the original swype app? i think if u have that still then it won't work

Upvote 0
A friend of mine is trying to find a working version of Swype for his Incredible. Does anyone know if 1.25 is written specifically for 320x480, or will it poll the phone for the native resolution and config itself accordingly? TIA

EDIT: Thank you anyway, located the correct installer. If anyone else has same question, Swype for Droid/N1/Incredible can be downloaded here:
Link Removed By OfTheDamned

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones