• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
the one that i found (.apk) doesn't work for the EVO! i think the screen resolution isn't supported.

i don't think you want to use swype. i downloaded the file and wanted to install it on my evo. it gave me this:

"this input method may be able to collect all the text you type, including personal data like passwords and credit card numbers. it comes from the application swype."

you have to agree to use

Upvote 0
the one that i found (.apk) doesn't work for the EVO! i think the screen resolution isn't supported.

i don't think you want to use swype. i downloaded the file and wanted to install it on my evo. it gave me this:

"this input method may be able to collect all the text you type, including personal data like passwords and credit card numbers. it comes from the application swype."

you have to agree to use

You have to get the full resolution version, and you will get that message with ANY 3rd party keyboard. Believe me, Swype is the best Android keyboard. It owns.

Upvote 0
tried installing it... the ones from the incredible doesn't work

Reactions: katmandoo122
Upvote 0
Ahh! I thought I noticed that! I might just have to get this. Probably take me a bit to get used to. You don't always have to swipe if it's installed correct?

Correct. You can tap out the words that aren't in the dictionary.

im new to evo from pre, how do you install apk files?

You download them to your SD card, then use a file browser like ES or Astro to navigate to them, and when you open them it will install.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones